Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fried Wonton And Stuffed Tofu 炸雲吞輿釀油豆腐 - Leftover Special



It is a beautiful autumn day here in Melbourne and I can picture myself having a lazy lunch in the sun somewhere.... that's later but before that I better have this post ready for posting. I am proud to present you with this delicious platter of snacks using the leftover mince mixture from my previous post as promised. This can be served as part of a Chinese meal, as an appetizer or as a delicious snack with drinks. 
I hope you are enjoying the rest of your weekend!



makes 20 to 25 
you'll need;
leftover marinated pork and prawn mince
10 - 12 wonton wrappers
5 fried tofu puffs, halved diagonally
oil for frying
chili sauce to serve



To make the wontons - place 1.5 tbs of filling in the middle of the wonton wrapper...



Gather all edges together to form a plump dumpling. 





To stuff the tofu puffs - remove some of soft core with a teaspoon and stuff the cavities with some of the filling. 



Fry stuffed tofu puffs in batches until golden and crispy, drain well.



Fry wontons in batches until golden and crispy, drain well.



Here you have some delicious snacks using the leftover marinated mince. This is so tasty you might not want to wait until you have the leftover mince though!

10 comments:

  1. hai tummy selamat pagi:)hmm dapat idea ni nanti boleh tukar intinya dengan daging ayam cincang.pasti menarik ni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love my wontons steamed but am intrigued by crispy ones after this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I like the fact that you've got some Chinese paper for use on the background.. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! Must make some of those stuffed tofu when I return

    ReplyDelete
  5. you surely stuffed them with lots of fillings eh?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin