Monday, April 11, 2011

Braised Pork Ribs With Yellow Bean Sauce 豆辨醬燜排骨



I finally have my prepaid internet modem set up; It is a little slow and unpredictable but at least I am able to compose a post without visiting an internet cafe from now on. I was hoping to have a Malaysian Monday post ready for today but I was too busy doing other things over the weekend - but I shall have it ready for Wednesday.  I made this childhood favourite of mine when I was missing home and it certainly did the trick for me. 



serves 4 as part of a Chinese meal
you'll need;
1.5 kg of pork ribs, cut between the ribs
2 shallots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 bird chillies, chopped
5 cm knob of ginger, chopped
3 tbs of cooking oil
3 tbs of preserved soya bean paste
2 tbs of light soy
2 tbs of oyster sauce
2 tbs of caramel sauce
3 tbs of sugar
dash of sesame oil
dash of Chinese cooking wine
dash of white pepper
1.5 l of water or stock
corn flour solution for thickening the sauce
1 spring onion, sliced
1 red chili, sliced

for the marinade;
1 tbs of light soy
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tbs of Chinese cooking wine
dash of white pepper
3 tbs of corn flour



Chop shallots, garlic, chillies and ginger.




Cut pork ribs between the bones.



Marinate pork ribs for at least 30 minutes.



Fry ribs in batches until golden. Drain well and set aside.



Saute chopped ingredients with cooking oil until fragrant then add in the seasonings and continue to cook for a minute on medium heat.



Add Chinese cooking wine and stock, bring it to a boil and return the pork ribs to the pot. 



Cover and simmer on very low heat until pork is very tender (1 - 1.5 hours). Check for seasonings and thicken the sauce slightly with corn flour solution.



Garnish with spring onion and chili slices and serve as part of a Chinese meal.

12 comments:

  1. I love pork ribs too! Would like to cook this for my family, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you have the internets up and running:) Mmm, it's pork rib weather now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have got Internet service now...As always it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks first class as usual and you must be thrilled to be online again

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try this dish of yours....looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! So delicious!!! That's how my mum does it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your blog! Eeverything seems so easy to cook and so inspiring! I am from Russia and this blog gives me so much new to try! Thank you a lot! I simply enjoy reading 3 hungry tummies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely going to try and make this for my lunch date with friends this weekend. This will all get us stuffed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this dish is so comforting, yums

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing!

    It looks so delicious. I'll definitely add this to my list for I have been looking for new recipes that will make use of pork ribs. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin