Friday, October 23, 2009

The Korean Torture Part 2


As promised, I am now bringing you "The Korean torture 2". I'm not too sure how useful part one was for anyone, but being able to get the following products might take you one step closer to cooking wholesome Korean food at home. I was at the Korean shop today and the good news is he was not blinded by unhappy shoppers smearing hot chili paste into his eyes yet.
For more korean products click here .
P.S most korean products are interchangeable with Japanese ones and only half the price, so another reason to get to know what is what!!

Korean fish sauce  aekjeot/액젓 

Korean mayo

Korean pancake mix

Korean plastic gloves (very handy!!)




Sahmjang

Sesame leaf/Korean perilla  kkaennip/깻잎 

naengmyeon, korean buckwheat noodle

Beef broth for naengmyeon

Korean mustard

5 comments:

  1. Korean sitcom fanaticNovember 12, 2009 at 3:00 PM

    Very useful thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a note that I find u posting pix of the ingredients useful - haha cos i don't speak or read the langauge. btw where can u find korean supermarkets in melb? tks

    ReplyDelete
  3. KSF,
    Thank you!

    Javapot,
    I am glad you find it useful :)
    There is one opposite the Vic market and one on Brunswick St Fitzroy opposite the housing commission. I think there are a few more in the city but I am not sure where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just wondering is there a difference between jap mayo and korean mayo?
    Thanks~
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste the same and the Korean one is half the price :)

      Delete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin